Sales Tax Rate Finder
Instructions for Paying
Your Current Year Individual Income Tax
Before you begin:
- You must have a valid email address to use the e-pay system. Your Confirmation Number will be emailed to you after you complete your payment.
- The primary Social Security Number (SSN) must be entered in the box labeled “Primary Social Security Number”. Refer to your Nebraska tax return or Balance Due Notice to determine the primary SSN.
- Determine the date you want your payment debited from your bank account (scheduled payment date), and the amount you will be paying. Refer to the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE line on your Nebraska tax return or Balance Due Notice.
- You can make a payment at any time; however, to be considered timely, payment must be made on or before April 15 to avoid penalty and interest. You must initiate your payment prior to 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the due date to ensure your payment is timely (a Scheduled Payment Date of the next business day is considered timely).
- An amount due of less than $2.00 need not be paid.
- Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Payments can only be made for the current tax year.
Make your payment:
- Click on the Make Payment button and enter the Payment Amount, the Scheduled Payment Date, and the primary Social Security Number (SSN). Enter numbers only, no hyphens. If Married Filing Joint, enter your spouse’s first and last names and SSN.
- Next, enter your banking information. You must provide your bank Routing Number (RTN), your bank account number, and the type of bank account it is.
- Then, enter the Contact Information. This information is needed to match your payment to your tax return (professional tax preparers may substitute their email address for the taxpayer’s).
- On the Verify Payment page, review what you have entered and make corrections if necessary. When finished, click on the box accepting the “Terms and Conditions”, and then click on “Confirm”.
- The final page is the Payment Confirmation page. Although the system will send you an email confirmation, it is always best to either print this page or record your Confirmation Number shown. This is your receipt of payment.
- If you do not receive a Confirmation Number on the final page, you have not completed your payment.