FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 23, 2010
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Douglas A. Ewald, Tax Commissioner
IMPROVED "WHERE'S MY STATE REFUND" BUTTON
LINCOLN — Tax Commissioner Doug Ewald announced today that the Nebraska Department of Revenue’s (Department) online refund status program is a fast and speedy way for taxpayers to check on the status of their Nebraska income tax refund (not for amended tax returns). The Department recently improved this program to provide even more information about the status of taxpayer refunds. Just click on the “Where’s My Refund” button at www.revenue.ne.gov.
The improved features in this program allow taxpayers access to the following information:
- Date your refund was deposited to your bank account;
- Date your check was mailed to you;
- The approximate amount of time required to process your return;
- If Direct Deposit was not possible, the date a check was mailed; and
- If the amount of your refund is changed by the Department, the amount of refund claimed, and the exact amount of the actual refund is provided.
If you have questions or comments about the new “Where’s My Refund” features, please see www.revenue.ne.gov, call (800) 742-7474 (toll free in Nebraska and Iowa), or call (402) 471-5729.
Douglas A. Ewald