FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 6, 2010
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Douglas A. Ewald, Tax Commissioner
NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE'S
SPRING 2010 TAX EDUCATION SEMINARS
LINCOLN — The Nebraska Department of Revenue is gearing up for its semi-annual, public tax education seminars across the state. These seminars cover sales and use taxes in a plain-and-simple manner. Topics covered include:
- When must sales tax be collected;
- Common exemptions;
- When are permits required;
- Recent law changes and how they may affect you;
- Economic tax incentives and if you might qualify; and
- Specific information for construction contractors.
The first two seminars will be held in Grand Island on May 6th and Scottsbluff on May 11th.
Please visit www.revenue.ne.gov, and click on “Educational Seminars” for detailed information on dates, seminar sites, and registration for the Spring 2010 seminars (in Chadron, Columbus, Fremont, Lexington, Lincoln, McCook, Nebraska City, Norfolk, North Platte, Omaha, Sidney, and Sioux City (IA)).
Douglas A. Ewald